8D10101 – public health
Requirements to the previous level of education of persons, wanting to master the educational program of doctoral studies in the educational program:
Master’s degree in 6М110100 – “Medicine”, 6М110200 – “Public health”, 6М110300 – “Nursing”, 6М110400 – “pharmacy”, 6M110500 – “Medico-prophylactic case”, 6М110600 – “healthcare Management”, 6M050600 – Economics, 6М050700 – “Management”, 6М051300 – “World economy”, 6М030100 – “Jurisprudence”; Residency (all specialties).
8D10102 – medicine
Requirements for the previous level of education of persons wishing to master the educational programs of doctoral studies in the educational program:
Master’s degree in the specialty 6M110100 – “Medicine”, 6M110300 – “Nursing”, 6M110200 – “Public health”, 6M110500 – “Preventive medicine”; Residency (all specialties).
For admission to the doctoral program
Doctoral studies – postgraduate education, the educational programs of which are aimed at training personnel for scientific, pedagogical and (or) professional activities, with the award of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) (doctor in profile).
The educational program for the preparation of a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) has a scientific and pedagogical orientation and assumes fundamental educational, methodological and research training and the study of disciplines in the direction of healthcare for the system of higher and postgraduate education and the scientific sphere.
The educational program for the preparation of a doctor in the profile involves fundamental educational, methodological and research training and in-depth study of disciplines in the field of health science for the branches of the national economy, medicine.
The educational program of the doctoral program consists of:
- theoretical training, including the study of cycles of basic and core disciplines;
- practical training: pedagogical and research practice (for PhD doctoral studies), industrial practice (for specialized doctoral studies), scientific or professional internships;
- scientific research or experimental research work, including the execution of a doctoral dissertation (preparation of scientific publications, writing and defending a doctoral dissertation)
- final certification in the form of writing and defending a doctoral dissertation.
The duration of doctoral studies is 3 years.
The procedure for admission to doctoral studies
Persons with a master’s degree and 9 months of work experience or who have completed residency training in medical specialties are accepted for doctoral studies.
Admission to doctoral studies is carried out by placing a state educational order for training in scientific, pedagogical and profile areas, as well as paying for training at the expense of students’ own funds and other sources.
Training according to the educational programs of the profile doctoral program is carried out on a paid basis.
Admission of foreigners to doctoral studies is carried out on a fee basis. Obtaining free postgraduate education by foreigners on a competitive basis in accordance with the state educational order is determined by international treaties of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Admission of foreign citizens to study in the doctoral program of the University on a fee basis is carried out according to the results of an interview conducted by the admission committee of the University during the calendar year. Enrollment of foreign citizens is carried out in accordance with the academic calendar 5 (five) days before the beginning of the next academic period.
Documents on education issued by foreign educational organizations are recognized in accordance with the procedure established by law.
- Admission to the doctoral program is carried out in two stages: pre-selection, entrance exams.
- The preliminary selection of applicants for doctoral studies is carried out before the start of the entrance exams from February 1 to May 31 of the calendar year.
- The results of the preliminary selection for training in the educational programs of the doctoral program are admission or non-admission to the entrance exams.
- Admission to the doctoral program is carried out on a competitive basis based on the results of the entrance exam according to the profile of the group of educational programs of the doctoral program.
The entrance exam to the doctoral program
The entrance exam for groups of educational programs of doctoral studies in the field of education “Health” is conducted by the University independently. At the same time, the applicant passes the entrance exam for the group of educational programs of the doctoral program in the field of education “Healthcare” only in the OViPO, which he enters.
For the period of the entrance examinations to the doctoral program – the University creates examination commissions for groups of educational programs.
The entrance exam for the profile of the group of educational programs for doctoral studies is held from August 4 to August 20 of the calendar year in the form of an oral interview on the planned dissertation work. The interview is conducted in order to assess the planned scientific research and the applicant’s readiness to perform this research.
Applicants for doctoral studies defend the planned scientific research (according to the abstract) before the commission (the time limit is 7-10 minutes).
The list of documents submitted for admission to the doctoral program
Persons entering the doctoral program, in the period from July 3 to August 3 of the calendar year, provide the following set of documents through the portal or to the University admissions committee:
- application addressed to the rector of the University;
- document of education (original, when submitting documents to the admissions committee);
- identity document (required for identification);
- electronic certificate confirming proficiency in a foreign language (English, German, French) according to the programs:
- International English Language Tests System (IELTS), threshold score – at least 5.5;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Institutional Testing Program (TOEFL ITP) threshold score – at least 460 points,
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Institutional Testing Program Internet-based Test (TOEFL IBT) threshold score – at least 46,
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper-based testing (TOEFL PBT) threshold score – at least 453,
Deutsche Sprachpruefung fuer den Hochschulzugang (DSH, Niveau B2/level B2), TestDaF-Prufung (Niveau B2/level B2),
- Test de Français International™ (TFI- at least B2 level in reading and listening sections),
- Diplom ed’Etudesen Langue française (DELF, level B2),
- Diplome Approfondi de Langue française (DALF, level B2),
- Test de connaissance du français (TCF – at least 50 points);
The authenticity and validity of the submitted certificates are verified by the University Admissions Committee;
- medical certificate in the form 075/y in electronic format, approved by order No. KR DSM-175/2020
- six photos measuring 3 × 4 centimeters;
- personal personnel record sheet or other document confirming employment, certified by the personnel service at the place of work;
- results of the preliminary selection;
- justification of the planned dissertation research, agreed with the prospective domestic or foreign scientific consultant (in the form of an abstract);
- list of scientific and methodological works (scientific publications) for the last three calendar years;
- results of the preliminary selection;
Persons who have completed foreign Organizations of higher and postgraduate education (hereinafter – OViPO) in countries whose state or official language is English and have specialized accreditation of foreign accreditation bodies included in the registers and (or) associations of accreditation bodies of states – Members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development have not been provided with international certificates confirming foreign language proficiency in accordance with the pan-European competencies (standards) of foreign language proficiency specified in this paragraph for 5 years.”
With a document confirming the completion of the foreign OViPO, it is necessary to provide an official letter of confirmation of this OViPO with confirmation of accreditation.
Admission to doctoral studies
Enrollment of persons in doctoral studies is carried out until August 28 of the calendar year on the basis of an international certificate confirming foreign language proficiency in accordance with the pan-European competencies (standards) of foreign language proficiency and according to the results of the entrance exam for the profile of the group of educational programs of doctoral studies and scored at least 50 points out of a possible 100 points.
Persons who have scored on the entrance exam are enrolled for doctoral studies on a competitive basis:
- according to the state educational order – at least 75 points.
- on a paid basis – 50 points.
The cost of doctoral studies on a paid basis is 1,500,000 tenge per year.