academic honesty policy
1 General provisions
1.1 This “Academic Honesty Policy” (hereinafter “the Policy”) was developed with the aim of ensuring a fair, transparent, and correct attitude to the issues of academic honesty of students at the NEI Kazakhstan-Russian Medical University (hereinafter “University”).
1.2 The University is a community that allows you to study, conduct research and develop information technologies. The quality of education is based on the principles of reliability, trust, tolerance, justice and, of course, responsibility. Due to high quality of education and academic mobility, we have a high level of training of students and residents.
1.3 The University asks and requires compliance with the rules of the “Academic Honesty Policy” from employees, workers and students. Any manifestations of academic dishonesty are contrary to the values of the University. Dishonesty on the part of teachers or students may adversely affect further education. People who violate the Academic Honesty Policy will be punished.
1.4 This Policy can only be used for academic activities. Along with academic issues of violation of the rules may be considered also issues of non-academic nature. In such cases, students receive sanctions that were mentioned in the Policy and other provisions of the University.
1.5 PRINCIPLES OF THIS POLICY APPLICABLE:
- To all registered students;
- To suspended students who allegedly violate the rules of this Policy or any other University policy.
1.6. Students have to know that even if they have sanctions, it also can be imposed by civil and criminal jurisdictions.
2.1 The teacher has the right to be informed about complaints that have been received against him, about the progress of the investigation procedure of the case or incidents, about the decisions made and has the right to appeal the decisions made.
Head of the University
Head of the academic and administrative part of the faculty
Head of Anti-Corruption Department
Head of the anti-corruption structural subdivision, which conducts work and verification independently.
Specialist hired by the University for teaching
Teacher is appointed to advise and instruct a group of students regarding university rules and other issues related to the educational process.
A student receiving any of the academic degrees (bachelor, resident).
Kazakh-Russian Medical University
The main educational unit, headed by the dean.
Teaching subdivision, headed by chairman
Academic honesty policy
Documents containing information about students who violate the rules of this Policy. Disciplinary records are maintained confidentially. It is not part of the academic transcript and includes only information about violations of the rules of this Policy and a decision taken in accordance with this Policy.
Method of knowledge control in the form of a test, survey, midterm control, final exam or retake.
This is a sanction in the framework of this Policy, which deprives the student of the right to study at the University programs for a certain period.
expulsion from university
Deprivation of all rights and powers of a student of the University.
4 Rights and obligations
4.1 The university must know all the information about its employees and students. The university promises to keep all information about your academic performance, about your disciplinary violations in confidentiality.
4.2 The teaching staff and administration are responsible for the conditions and quality of your education. They are obliged to help students successfully complete their studies.
4.3 The curators should advise students attend meetings with the dean and the head of the anti-corruption department.
4.4 Students must be confident in a fair assessment of their knowledge. Students must follow ethical principles in carrying out their tasks.
4.5 Teachers should provide a list of topics, assignments, exam material, i.e. syllabus.
This part addresses the main violations of the norms and principles of the Academic Honesty Policy.
Plagiarism is the deliberate presentation of other people’s ideas as their own. Cases of plagiarism include a slight change or paraphrase of published and unpublished works without indicating the source.
5.2 Forbidden retake of assignments
Students do not have the right to submit the same work for evaluation more than once without the permission of the course teacher.
5.3 Prohibited team work and cooperation
One of the important components of the education process is the ability to work together with other students. Team- work helps easy overcome difficulties, improve and accelerate the learning process. In such actions, the University supports students. To ensure honesty and fairness in assessing group work, students have not to work together if the teacher requires an individual approach to the assignment. All students involved in prohibited cooperation are punished in accordance with the rules of this Policy or are subject to sanctions.
5.4 DISTORTION OF CONTENTS
STUDENTS HAVE NOT TO SUBMIT UNTRUTHFUL TASKS, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER DOCUMENTS.
- Changed materials and research results;
- Fictional facts or sources;
- Counterfeit medical certificates;
- Counterfeit documents for admission;
- Counterfeit recommendation and other letters;
- Counterfeit transcripts, diplomas or other registration data;
- Change the date and time of the assignment submission;
- Change the grades data or examination material;
- Change scores of knowledge or retakes.
5.5 False personation
Another violation of the rules of academic honesty is false personation in order to obtain benefits during the exams, tests, laboratory work or other tasks.
5.6 Data hiding
Violation of the rules of academic honesty is the hiding of data, transcripts or other academic documents, in order to deceive or obtain academic benefits.
Violation of the rules of academic honesty is the obstruction of the educational or scientific activities of other people for their own benefit.
This includes the falsification of data, files, manuscripts or other materials, scientific papers, damage to equipment or property of the library, electronic or other materials used for academic purposes.
5.8 Disruption of lesson
The University is obliged to provide a safe learning environment.
Violation of the rules of the Policy is any action or behaviour aimed at disrupting the lesson.
5.9 Rules of behaviour and academic discipline
Students are required to obey the rules of behaviour and academic discipline in accordance with the charter and legislation of the University. For non-compliance with the rules of behaviour and academic discipline, the University has the right to expel the student.
5.10 Unauthorized access
Violation of the rules of the Policy is unauthorized access to confidential information, such as exam materials, test questions and other materials, in order to obtain benefits.
5.11 Unauthorized Data Distribution
Violation of the rules of the Policy is the publication, distribution of confidential information to third parties, without prior agreement. Confidential information includes academic information, data and documents stored confidentially.
5.12 Assisting in violation of the rules of academic honesty
Assisting someone in violation of the rules of academic honesty is in itself considered as a violation of the principles of academic integrity and is subject to this Policy. For example, transferring assignment to another student, which was already submitted in another lesson, and permission to copy parts of the assignment and submit it as your own, are a violation of this Policy.
5.13 Tests and exams
The University ensures fairness and justice in the passing of the examination control. Students are required to comply with the relevant rules of examination control and knowledge assessment control at the Test Center of the Non-profit Educational Organization “KazRosMeduniversity”.
Student violating the rules of the Policy is subject to sanctions.
This policy provides the following procedures:
6.1 Alleged violation
Teachers, advisers and Academic Advisor have to inform all cases of violation of this Policy via e-mail to the dean of the faculty and the head of the anti-corruption department. If this cannot be done via an electronic message, then notify personally. The incident should be written in the form of a complaint on the sample. Teacher must keep all evidences before the dean, anti-corruption chief or other members of the administration ask them.
The teacher must inform the student about the violation of the Policy orally, if this is not possible via an electronic message or phone.
- If the student does not agree with the claims presented to him, he has right to appeal.
- The appeal is drawn up in the form of an application and is registered in the dean’s office within five working days from the date of registration of the violation.
- The dean’s office together with the anti-corruption department are responsible for reviewing and studying the material provided by the teacher and the student.
- The dean’s office together with the anti-corruption department must make a decision on the appeal within five working days from the moment the application is submitted by student
- The dean’s office together with the anti-corruption department determines whether there has been a violation of this Policy, and if the violation will be proved, the following sanctions will be applied.
- If the dean’s office decided that the student did not commit a violation, the student is exempt from sanctions.
SANCTIONS DEPENDING ON VIOLATION FOR SEMESTER.
Expulsion from the University
6.5 Plan of action of teaching staff in case of violation of the policy of academic honesty
If any violation of academic standards is detected, the teacher must:
- give student a grade of “unsatisfactory” \ “F”, “0”;
- Provide administrative note (report) addressed to the dean of the faculty with a description of the violation not later than the next working day.
- Report accompanied with copy of works of student or its fragments, containing violations.
6.6 Previous violations
The dean must keep all information about previously committed crimes. If the dean finds that a violation has occurred, he must check the data on the disciplinary and other violations of the student.
6.7 Notice of Appeal
In the case of appeal decision, the dean has to inform and warn the student within five working days, in written form. In the case of further investigation and consideration of the case, the student must be informed about all any new information, and the student has the right to explain his position in the incident in written or verbal form until a final decision is made. The decisions in written form must include a description of the violation, an indication of the sanction and the corresponded details, on which the decisions and sanctions were based, with notification of the student. If the student admitted his actions, he has to indicate it in written form. The student must be informed about the right to appeal and appeal process. In some cases, the student may be asked to redo this work if the suspicion of violation the rules of the Policy was not justified. The dean has the right to ask another teacher to check the assignment. If the dean, together with the head of the anti-corruption department decide that there were no violations, then protocol records will not be kept. If the student made more than six violations of the rules, the Dean in written form report about all with the removal of the student from lessons or expulsion from the University.
7. Accounting records
The dean’s office must keep a record of each violation of this Policy by one or another student. The purpose of such accounting is to identify previous violations of the student for the imposition of certain sanctions.
Recording of violations has not to be used for other purposes.
Changes and additions to this Policy are made by publishing the “Academic Honesty Policy” in a new edition on the basis of an order of the rector or another person of the University who has the authority. This Policy brings into action and vice versa after approval by the rector or other authorized person of the University. The original of this Policy is stored in the department of quality management system and personnel; a copy is stored in the department of educational and methodical work and in the department of evaluation of educational programs monitoring, which provides information about this Policy to all interested parties.
to academic honesty policy
Rules of behaviour and academic discipline
Behaviour – is mandatory for all students, abidance of rules and academic disciplines at the University, determined in accordance with the law. Expulsion from the University (as a measure of disciplinary action) is carried out for such violations as:
- Drinking alcohol at the university;
- Smoking tobacco and electronic cigarettes at the university;
- Drug consumption;
- Hooliganism (i.e., scuffle);
- Obscene speech;
- disrespect for the special clothes (medical gown), i.e,, dirty, rumpled, go out in special clothes to the street;
- theft of the University property or personal things of a teacher, student;
- Violation of the current legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan (administrative, criminal, civil code;
- The spread of harmful chemical, toxicological and other substances at the university;
- Hoax call to law enforcement and other authorities, leading to disruption of lessons;
- Submit or provide false assignments, researches, diplomas and other documents or misrepresent facts. Distortions include:
- o Counterfeit medical certificates and documents for admission;
- o Change the grades or retake, change the grades or examination material.
- o False personation in order to pass midterm control, exams and so on.
to academic honesty policy
- Exam Control Rules
- Students are forbidden to bring and use books, papers, audio or electronic devices, or other manuals during the examination, if the examiner did not allow the use of such material / equipment.
- Students are prohibited from discussing any questions with anyone, except teachers from the beginning of the exam until its completion and delivery of answers to the teacher.
- In order to record attendance, students are required to write their names, time when they came and leave a signature on a special sheet. Without this, you can’t leave the audience.
- Students are not allowed to enter the classroom after the exam begins.
- Students are not allowed to leave the audience during the first 30 minutes, with the exception of the rules written in paragraph 6, and before they sign on the arrival list.
- During the exams with a duration of more than 90 minutes, students are allowed to leave the examination room once to go to the restroom (toilet).
- Students must leave their personal things outside the classroom or at a location indicated by the teacher.
- Students are not allowed to bring food or drink to the classroom without the written permission of the doctor.
- After completing the exam, students must submit the sheets of answers and questions (if required) to the teacher before leaving the exam room.
- If the student has doubts about the meaning or completeness of the question, he must ask for the material necessary to answer the question, and state his case on this in the appeal statement.
To academic honesty policy
Control of knowledge assessment in the test center of the non-profit organization “KazRosMeduniversitet”
TO CONTROL THE ASSESSMENT OF KNOWLEDGE BY THE TEST METHOD, A STUDENT IS OBLIGED TO:
- To come to the test center 10 minutes before the start of the test, with the grade book, in a medical gown and cap, according to the established schedule;
- Leave personal things in the registration room;
- Register at the employees of the test center;
- During testing, in case of technical problems raise your hand to attract the attention of the test center employee in order to they help you;
- Upon completion of testing, make sure that the result is saved.
Student IS FORBIDDEN:
- Be late;
- Enter the test center without permission;
- Make noise in and around the test center;
- To bring to the exam phones or other electronic devices, reference materials, written notes and other means of storing or transmitting information;
- Loudly call the Center staff during testing;
- Exchange materials and documents during testing;
- Talk, distract other students;
- Leave the Center during testing;
- To stand up and change place without permission.
The student violates one or more of the above rules, disqualified from the exam and the result is annulled. Upon violation, the Center employee submits a report to the dean’s office for the student. The decision on the punishment and the time of retake is decided by the vice-rector of educational-methodical and discipline work, the dean and the head of the test center.
Midterm control, exams in one discipline are tested once.