More information can be found on the conference website: sdu.edu.kz/iclss
The Faculty of Law and Social Sciences at Suleyman Demirel University (Kazakhstan) will host an international online conference on Law and Social Sciences on 16-17 April, 2021. The conference seeks to provide a common venue for academics, professionals, researchers, PhD candidates, master students in the field of law and social sciences from around the world. The theme of the conference – “Law and Social Sciences during the COVID-19 Pandemic” – is elaborated in order to facilitate the discussion on how the COVID-19 affected the fields of law, international relations, journalism, public administration and human rights.
The major aim of this conference is to outline the extent of the COVID-19’s impact, offer new approaches in dealing with the challenges of the current pandemic, facilitate the exchange of ideas and research experiences, and present new collaborative and networking opportunities.
The Faculty of Law and Social Sciences is glad to welcome scholars from the local and international universities, research institutes and other relevant institutions to participate in this conference. This event will bring together distinguished speakers and scholars to give keynote speeches and conduct panel discussions.
Subthemes of the conference include:
- Globalization in the COVID-19 Era
- Regional integration during the time of COVID-19
- Problems of global governance
- The right to health and challenges of the privatization of health care
- Children’s rights and women’s rights in the context of domestic violence
- Medical professional liability insurance
- International trade law
- Cybersecurity and IT law
- Past pandemics and their overall impact
- Effects of the pandemic on journalism ethics
- Impact of the pandemic on news production and consumption
- The role of the media during the pandemic
The conference will be organized on tracks such as Law, International Relations, History and Public Administration, Journalism and Mass Communication, and Human Rights in the format of online concurrent presentation sessions and panel discussions.
The languages of the conference are English, Kazakh and Russian.
Article/extended abstract submission guidelines
Authors can choose to submit either a full article (3500-4000 words) or an extended abstract (1500 words). All articles and extended abstracts will be reviewed by a peer review committee and included in the conference proceeding.
- 20 March 2021: Deadline for registration and article/extended abstract submission
- 31 March 2021: Acceptance notification
- 12 April 2021: Conference final program
There is no participation fee. More information can be found on the conference website: sdu.edu.kz/iclss
To participate in the conference, please fill out the form on the conference website.